Sunday, April 08, 2007

Call, Email, Fax or Book Online

Boy am I good at procrastinating too!

- Booking online through some online sites seem dangeruse when the T&C is read

- I no longer trust my fockedup unreliable tour agent to book a hotel for us (without trying to rob us at the same time)

- Fax seems to be cheaper but I want the booking to be over and done with b4 the new week starts as the hotels seem to filling up quick.

- Tried emailing TS but after one day still there was no reply. Being anxious, I decided not to wait but just call them up using my trusty chinese :P


Yup, but for those who are not urgent you can use singtel fax which is cheaper and a paper confirmation is nice in a psychological sense that everyone in your big grp get to keep a tangible copy.

Simply enter 012 for the fax connection followed by the country code which in this case is: 886 then the area code for taipei: 2 (you do not need to put 02) lastly. the telephone number of the hotel: XXX XXXX (whichever number of digits required)

Summary: 012 886 2 XXXXXXX

IDD calls

Initially I considered using Singtel - v019 seems to be the cheapest on paper 16cts/min weekdays & 10cts/min weekends Free registration & subscription (I don't know if there'd be charge for cancellation?) BUT might need to apply 5 days b4 you dial O.o;

Summary: 019 886 2 XXXXXXX

But I ended up using M1 simply because of my mobile plan 021 4.5cts/min flat rate Summary: 021 886 2 XXXXXXX

You basically get more out of using landline instead of a mobile but mobile phone seem to be IDD automatically available unless requested otherwise by the user so you can dial immediately.

For Overseas calls to Taiwan, you do not need to put a '0' in front of the Taipei Area Code but for calls made within Taiwan, you need to to add a zero. Press '02' instead of '2'. How's that for confusion?

From the above stated, I do seem rather excessive...

No comments: